43 y.o. Cameron Diaz decided to convert the time that passed, to a life course and to share her experience with other women in the bestseller "The Book of longevity.
"As we age we go through different phases. The most fateful for me was the stage of 40. I had so many questions, that I thought I am afraid of 40s. It was then that I realized that I have nothing to fear. I am grateful that I manage to become a year older because not everybody does. Some fail all grow old. "
1. There is no secret about how to grow in grace: "There is only one way to do called " living. " that depends on how you live, how you take care of yourself. I distinguish five pillars of well-being: eating well, good exercise, good sleep, relief from stress and meaningful warm, emotional relationships. This book helps women to take responsibility of their body. If you do not do this, you will grow old with problems and suffering, instead of feeling full for all your life. "
2. Aging is a game of mind: "One study showed that people who positively address the issue of aging, are living on average seven and a half years more than those who see the glass half empty. Being afraid to grow up, to worry about the problems of aging and to worry about losing what the elderly loose, accelerates aging process”.
3. Sex gets better as you get older: According to the Book of Long Life, "one of the 2012 survey of women between 40 and 80 years, showed that sexual satisfaction increases as time passes."
4. Women are more at risk of suffering from Alzheimer's: Cameron highlights some of the most recent and significant studies on women and the disease, but the most useful is: "The two major risk factors are age and gender. After 65 women are at nearly twice the risk for Alzheimer's than men do. The book also notes that two thirds of those suffering from Alzheimer's in America are women.
5. With friends is better: A survey of people from 24-96 years old, showed that even 10 minutes of socializing increases mental performance. This relationship between health and companionship, whether it's a friend or 15 is a condition in order to grow old beautifully, because "friendship, happiness, joy, sharing laughter and tears, these are ingredients not only for a good life but for a long and healthy life. "
6. Beauty: "Beauty is the appreciation, not rejection. Grows not fades. Through time, I obtained a more elastic view of what really is beauty. There is something with which you are born. It is something that you are evolve with. "
7. Resting: "We spend a large proportion of our lives sleeping -or trying to sleep- so the quality of this time sets our mood and mental clarity. Not only the next morning but the next few years. Sleep is not just a break from the hours we are awake. It's a different time period that heals our body and mind. "
8. Depression: "The serotonin levels decrease as we age, so we feel less and less happy. Sunlight and exercise, are natural ways to increase serotonin production, which you realize when you spend a happy day in the sun or an afternoon on the tennis court or taking a long walk.
Only a few stars dare to leave their wrinkles untouched.
Cameron Diaz wrote a whole book,
to explain what it means to grow in grace