Read below what are those things you need to know about your moisturising cream.
Find out the type of your skin: Different skin types need different moisturizers.
• If you have oily skin, choose an oil free moisturizer.
• If you have dry skin, first spread a serum and then your moisturizer.
Dermatologists say that the moisturizing creams usually contain ingredients from four categories.
It is all those components, forming a protective layer on the skin, such as Vaseline, those which soften the skin, such as Glycerine, which softens the rough appearance of the skin and those components which recover our skin, helping the operation of the outer skin layer in the best possible way, according to Dr. Joshua Zeichner, director of cosmetic and clinical research in dermatology, at Mount Sinai hospital in N.Y.
But, what are those things that we should know, about moisturizing creams,
in order to choose the one that perfectly matches with our skin type?
1. Moisturizer, must be flowing to your skin and make it feel velvety. Dimethicone, is a component that creates a Protective Layer on the skin surface, so that moisture can not be escaped, and the skin is moist and shiny. This component is included in several oils such as jojoba oil, says Patricia Ceballos, a dermatologist in New York City. So you must look for this component.
2. You should not feel it. A good moisturizer should be absorbed instantly, by your skin, and should moisturize the areas, where skin dryness and irritation is more intense, says Lotika Singh, a dermatologist in New York.
3. They should not smell. If we choose a moisturizer that has no scent, it minimizes the possibility of irritation.
Also it is advisable, to choose a cream with SPF sunscreen. If the cream we use makes our skin oily or make it shine, then you have to find another cream.
4. A moisturiser, should not make your skin more oily. A moisturizer that suits your skin should make your skin softer and not more greasy. It should be absorbed by your skin and not to stay in the surface of your skin.
If there is one thing that all experts agree,
this is definitely that the use of moisturizer is extremely necessary regardless of age, skin type or of where we stay.
Especially in a country like ours, the use of moisturizers is necessary, without meaning that any type of moisturizer is good for your skin.