For example the coconut oil. We all love it, but the moisture miracle is so outdated.
There’s a new wave of beauty ingredients, on the shelves and makeup counters, so you’ll want to have the inside information on what they are and what they do so you can enjoy their benefits.
Skin experts and our research, found 8 of the most interesting ingredients you need to know now:
Amazingly the No1 from the list is from South Africa!!!
1. Marula: The natural nut extract from SOUTHAFRICA (!!!) is gaining notoriety for its moisturizing and anti-aging benefits. Once almost unheard of, this oil was used in products launched in 2013 and now, more than ever this ingredient, gets even more popular!!!
2. Licorice Root: This ingredient has been “rediscovered,” and will be appearing in more and more products, because of its all natural ability to lighten depigmentation from sun damage.
This one is definitely necessary, for those who didn’t wear enough sunscreen this summer.
3. Probiotics: They’re not just for your tummy area anymore! Probiotics have been popping up in product lines such as Clinique and Burt’s Bees, balancing skin much in the way the good bacteria, found in yogurt, help balance your gut. According to various reports, probiotics help even out skin tone and keep your face looking young, so we certainly can expect to see more of this ingredient.
4. Argireline: While peptide technology has been used in skincare for some time, Acetyl hexapeptide 8, commonly known as Argireline, is one of the best, lesser known ingredients that should be gaining more attention. It is Botox without the injections and toxins! You get the relaxing of the deeper wrinkle mechanisms, like frown lines, which creates a smoother appearance to the face overall, without the risks associated with Botox!
5. Camel’s Milk: This ingredient is really amazing. Camel’s milk softens, plumps and brightens your skin while breaking down the particles that make it look dull.
6. MG6P: The winner of the Innovation Zone Best Ingredient Award 2013 was a product called Neodermyl, which uses green chemistry to reactivate collagen and elastic synthesis in your skin. MG6P, or Methyl-Glucoside-6-Phosphate, is combined with amino acids and copper to improve skin texture and reduce wrinkles, and supposedly does it, in two weeks! Just one injection would do, to make you look more youthful.
7. Plant Stem Cells: There are many of these emerging, but one of the newest and most promising appears to be Buddleja Davidii (Butter Fly Bush) stem cell. This exotic-sounding cell protects and helps defend the skin against damaging UV rays and pollutants, while preserving lipids and promoting collagen and elastin production. It has extremely high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as well.
8. Kakadu Plum: The indigenous people of Northern Australia have been using this vitamin C-rich ingredient for thousands of years, but it is still “new” to the beauty industry. With 50 times more vitamin C than an orange, this plum is also rich in polyphenolic antioxidants, which help to reduce free radical damage, photo aging, dark blotches and sun damage.
It also increases collagen synthesis, plumping up the skin and increasing elasticity!